Monday, April 20, 2015

Eating Balot

Me eating balot. (a developing duck by embryo that is boiled). I have a video that you all will be able to see when I get home ha ha.:) I am so grateful for the M. family for having us over, and for always being so kind to me. And all the other missionaries. This was so much fun! I mean it was a little gross, minus the little. ;) But I did it!!


We also are moving this week! Ah so crazy! I am so glad though that we are physically and spiritually able to move.:) I am so blessed to have that strength!

This week we went on exchanges to Moose Jaw! That was so much fun! They have a tri-pan there, so Sister Smith went with the other two sisters, and I was with Sister Simpson. They're absolutely lovely sisters.And it was wonderful to go back to Moose Jaw! I always forget how small it is there. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to have served there.  And I get to go back! 

Our mission will be downsizing exponentially this next transfer. After next Wednesday our mission will have 102 Elders, and 20 Sisters. That is so small! They will be having 2 Sister Areas. 

  We also had a huge party for our Ward mission Leader. L. M.. He and his wife give everything, and make every opportunity a missionary one! I love the Filipino culture! They are so genuine and Kind. I love them so much! They had loads of friends from work there, and they had us give a spiritual thought. We played a game where they were lead into a circle of metal chairs. And they had to get out.. the way though was if they asked for help. then we went inside and watched a Mormon message. "Hope of God's Light" that is an absolutely wonderful video! If you haven't seen it,. watch it!http://www.mormonchannel.org/blog/post/discovering-the-hope-of-gods-light

!  I also had balot that is some crazy stuff! But we also had adobo?IDK how to spell it. ha ha. I love it though! And am so grateful for the many opportunities to meet so many people on my mission. I love the Lord so much! And I know that a mission is what I need to be doing. I love the Lord so very much! And I hope that you all have a great time this week! And Mother's day is coming up! What a wonderful day! 

I actually forgot all about it.. :/ ha ha thank you Dad for reminding me. ;) 

I love my mission,and I am doing so well! Thank you for all of your prayers, thoughts, and kindness. I am eternally grateful for you. You have helped me to have strength to do hard things. Please let me know what I can do for you. And can pray for. :) I love you!

Love, Sister Tomkinson 

 One of my worst fears in life.  The last thing you want to see on exchanges.
 Elder Norfleet, Elder Baker, Elder Dotson, Elder Wallace, Sister Smith and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment