Monday, April 13, 2015

This Part of the Lord's Vineyard

Hello! 

This week has been so crazy! :) 

We went on exchanges with the W. Sisters, and that was wonderful I love Sister Jacobs she is a great missionary!

W. is an investigator of ours. She has been in the hospital for over a month now. As she has been struggling with very personal difficulties. I am amazed at the strength that our Heavenly Father gives me,and my companion. I am not a counselor of any kind, I am not a great helper.. ha ha. But being able to represent the Lord Jesus Christ has helped this wonderful daughter of God feel peace, and love in her life. She is so wonderful. And she has a heart that is pure. With the divine help of our Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost, W. Has been able to change slowly, but surely. She wants to be happy, and she wants to feel love in her heart. She knows that this is possible through our Savior. I am amazed at her example. And that Heavenly Father allows me to be apart of this. 

Another thing was we were able to help out with the primary activity here in the L. ward, and our ward mission leader is Filipino, and so is his wife. And they are the most giving, and loving people I know. I am so grateful to be their friends! They also make really delicious food!

We were also able to go to a Pow Wow this weekend. A less active, and her two sons were dancing in it. So we went during our lunch hour to go and say hello. It was really interesting and their outfits were absolutely beautiful. Incredibly detailed with beads. They dance the chicken,and the other is fancy. It is really wonderful to be surrounded by so much rich culture here. Which is surprising to me about this area of Canada. :)
Then yesterday as Sister Smith and I were stopping my some potential investigators. I backed her up. Doing so I stepped into some mud, so I was whipping off my shoe in the grass to wipe it off. She proceeded to roll down the window of the car and ask me what I was up to. I told her about the mud.. as I came back to the phone I then came to the knowledge that I had my finger caught in between the window, and the door frame.. oh man, ba-doodle, that hurt ha ha. :) I am so grateful for automatic windows, and for a companion who pays attention to me while I try and express my self... Because I was like my finger, my finger, my finger.. and then I pointed and she understood. :) It was great. :) 

Ha ha, I love this gospel and the work is going so well!

Thank you for all of your prayers, and thoughts I am so grateful for them. I am humbled to be serving the Lord in this part of the Vineyard! 


Love, Sister Tomkinson!





No comments:

Post a Comment