Monday, May 25, 2015

Guess What We Had For Dinner?

This week was so much fun!!!! 



So we did so much Service! it was so good! It feels like I have taken a fresh breath of air! I love this gospel so much BTW! Did you know that? Well you do now! I love our Savior Jesus Christ so much, He and our Father in Heaven are so good to us!

So we were in the area where the temple was so we pulled over real quick and took a quick selfie... these are from Sister A.'s camera my battery was dead, so I will be taking more pictures this week.:) I love the temple! It's so beautiful! Sister A. was like." It's so small!".. "I've never been able to see Angel Moroni up so close!" And that is a very true statement, you can see him in great detail. I am amazed at the handy craft that goes into making those small pieces of heaven that scatter the earth. We will actually be going so that is going to be the best!

We also had a teaching evaluation with the Assistants, they are wanting to do them with every brand new missionary and their trainer.. so that includes my companionship. :D Also we did pretty well, we= spirit. Ha ha, I have tried teaching without him.... Let's just say there was no teaching, or learning on either half. It's not worth trying to teach on your own. Just be obedient, and listen to the Holy Ghost and He will always guide and direct us. My struggle wasn't in being obedient, or listening, but it was doubting that He was there for me. DON'T DO THAT! It can be super hard to not do that.... ha ha if that makes sense. But really, just listen and trust. I have come to learn you never have to doubt what you're saying. As long as I am studying, being obedient, and trying my best I never have to doubt what good thoughts come to mind. If it's good, it's of God. :) It literally is that simple. 

Did you know that every tree planted in SK was hand planted? Yes every single one. Haha they don't grow naturally. It reminds me of the talk by Pres. Uchtdorf when he mentions "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is now." That's not word for word. But that is a very powerful statement. :) 

The plate of food.. you may be asking what is that..? I see rice, and salad..  but what is that in the corner.. well... first this is Sister A.'s plate and the lovely family was very generous in her helping. :D Let's just say she didn't end up liking what was in the right corner. :) Ha ha, but I loved it! 

Some background on the photo, we have a family in our building and they are from a small island from off the coast of Madagascar they invited us for supper last night. :) We get there, and they talk with us, and we share a lesson. I am looking so much to teaching this lovely family. :) I love the work so much! 

Now back to the supper. That is curry, and cumin OCTOPUS!  it was so delicious! mmmm.. my companion had other opinions ha ha. Poor thing,and they gave us, especially her sooo much! Ha ha, they measured the rice with a Tupperware. Ha ha. :D I love them so much! I think I was being prepared for all this ethnic food when I would go out to supper with Troy and Liza. :) I am really grateful for them for helping me to widen my palate. :) 

I love you so much! I am so grateful that you're my family, and friends. And I am so grateful for your support. I love you, and I am so blessed to be on my mission. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost too. And I am serving in the best two wards in Regina! I love the members here, and those I come in contact with! I am so blessed here on my mission! 

Love Sister Tomkinson!

No comments:

Post a Comment