Monday, August 11, 2014

08-11-2014

This week has been bit of a crazy week, but it has been so much fun!
So on Tuesday we had interviews with President Thomas, and he's just an amazing man. I am blessed with the best mission president ever. Then on Wednesday we had Zone Training Meeting, and that was really focused on teaching with the Spirit! And how true that is. I've tried, yeah tried being the key word here, to teach while only half listening to the spirit, and that's just dumb. Just go with the spirit, it's so much better!  Afterwards we went out for lunch, and tried going to this Asian place, it looked kind of questionable, but from past experiences with Troy and Liza's about a small Asian restaurant  named HoHo's I thought it was a pretty great idea! But they only accepted ca$h ;(
So we went to Boston Pizza and I ordered a salad instead, and the owner actually had a BFF that was LDS so he gave us a %15 discount, and we gave him a pass along card it was great!
Next my companion has been really sick this week, but she's amazing, and kept going strong anyway. We had a pretty week with planning the baptism, and teaching, and sorts of meetings. I love being a missionary, it's pretty much the best! And it really helps when you are serving in such a fantastic ward like the Moose Jaw ward! I love it here! the Bishopric, the members are just the best! I love them so much!
BTW have I mentioned how beautiful it is here? And how small town Moose Jaw is? It's pretty much gorgeous, and I will try and send you pictures next week! :) Anyway it reminds a lot of Vernal. I love small towns, I really really do. Anyway I love the work!
I love it here in Moose jaw, OH did I mention that we had a baptism this past weekend, let me reread my email... no I did not! Cheryl was baptized and confirmed this past weekend! I am so happy for her! and I am so grateful for this work it makes me happy. And imagine how much more happier you'd be too if you were doing missionary work! Just saying.. have you read PMG yet, or asked your local mission leader/ missionaries how you can assist them?

I love you, I gotta go 
p.s. thank you for all that you do for me, and for the Lord!
Love Sister Tomkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment