Monday, August 4, 2014

Whoever Has Faith in Christ will be Happy

Hello family and friends,

I hope that you all are having such a great week! I just wanted to let you know that I am having a great week! This past week our investigator Cheryl is ready to be baptized this Saturday! I am so grateful that I am part of this wonderful work! I know that as she enters the waters of baptism that she is entering into a covenant with God. What a marvelous thing, I am just astounded by her faith, by the spirit for it touching her heart. And for our Savior Jesus Christ who makes it possible for us to life with our Heavenly Father again. How I love this gospel, and how I know it's true.

Some fun things.. this week my companion and I had some 'guided meditation' haha, it was given to us by the mission psychologist she's a pretty neat lady.Her name is Sister Marx. Anyway We found out what our spiritual animal totem is... my is a bear, and a goat... it's weird to have two, but when two lemons appear it means you can make twice the amount of lemonade. Anyway it was an interesting process that i don't really have time to explain haha. Anyway :)

This week Sister Fellows and I were able to teach Young Womens about journal writing and I love keeping a journal, and I need to get better at it. It just seems like we never have time haha. But I want to write at least one line a day. 

I love my family so much, thank you all for your support I have the best family. And my friends are pretty great too.

It's super neat that we're able to be with our families for all eternity through Heavenly Father's plan. I am so happy to know that. And I was thinking about how blessed we are to know that we can be with each other forever. Some people don't know this. That makes my heart break. When Mom died, me knowing that is one of, if not the only thing that has kept me together. I rely on our Savior Jesus Christ's Atonement every day of my life. And how I love Him. Through His everlasting grace we will all live again. 

And what an amazing miracle we have in our lives that we can even have families! I am so glad that Ashlynn, and Cora are both welcoming little ones into their families, which in turn is in our family! What an amazing blessing we have! :D  

I love you all so much, and I hope that you give all the love and support you can give to each other. I use to think that my reach to you all back at home was limited. But in reality me putting a limit on prayer. Is me putting a limit to my faith, and a limit on God. Which is lying, because God has no limit. I love you all so much! 

I was reading in Alma 46 the other day, and I came across a verse, and it was verse 41. And this is talking about the righteous people who listened to the Lord. 

and those who died in the faith of Christ are happy in him, as we must needs suppose.

I love that it says "as we must needs suppose." We are suppose to be happy, life isn't suppose to be this terribly hard thing that we have to go through. It's not who ever suffers the most gets to live with God, so let's see how much you can take. No! It's who ever has faith in Christ, and grows to be like Him will be happy. Christ is happy, and when we are like Christ. We are happy. 

I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for all that you do. I love you!

Love Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment