Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Hello family, and friends 

I hope that your week was so good! I am so grateful for all of your thoughts, and prayers. And I appreciate all that you do for me. 

This past week was a little rough, but that's one we have prayer. It is such an amazing tool Heavenly Father has given us. I mean it takes work on our part to receive blessings, and prayer is a form of work. (BD:Prayer). 

I am so glad that today is thanksgiving, I was able to study gratitude in "True to the Faith" It's amazing I invite you to turn there, and just absorb it... Anyway today has been a really good day, and yesterday was amazing! It was fast and testimony meeting, and then I taught Gospel Principles about Fasting, and.. Relief Society was about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. 

At about 4:30 we headed over to Wolfs for supper, and we had an early Thanksgiving dinner, that was super fun! They're an amazing family. They make sure that their children are a priority in their home. So good! And we went and sang to some members of the ward. 

While at the Bayley's house we were singing some primary hymns. And I felt the Spirit so strong it was amazing. It made everything that's hard, everything that's frustrating all worth it. The Lord knows us better than we know ourselves. And I am so grateful for this principal! Sometimes.. well often, I forget about this, and what the gravy am I doing?! It makes life a whole lot easier when we walk by faith, and when we go with what God wants us to do. And even when walking in faith is hard, like this past week. I can't imagine how hard it would have been if I didn't go by faith? 

I love you all so much, and music is of God.... when it's wholesome, and uplifting.. :)
I love you, thank you so much for all that you do for me, for all your prayers, emails, thoughts. I love you all! 

Love Sister Tomkinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment