Monday, October 6, 2014

Thoughts on General Conference

Hello, I don't have lots of time, but I'll try my best...

I will share my thoughts on one talk in particular I really loved. It was by Tad R. Callister General Sunday School President.
I loved how he talked about being a family, pushing ourselves to be the best that we can be. and it made me think.. obviously I am not a parent yet, but will I be the parent that God wants me to be. Will I take care of His children that He has placed in my care? And I the best daughter that I can be. to both my earthly parents, and to my Heavenly Parents?
Am I doing all that I can be doing? To prepare myself to life with Him again? Am I doing all I can do ensure that I have the Holy Ghost to be my constant companion. As long as we stay true to our baptismal covenants? Moroni 4&5....
Another thing is, are we sustaining our Prophet? Are we getting weak in the knees, and this burden seems to heavy? Are we staying strong, and staying focused on the work? Are we showing Him our love, by loving one another? How I need to do better. If the Lord's working is coming to the Earth regardless if we're ready or not. Are we going to let it all skim over our heads. Or are we going to step up, and be the children He needs us to be? Are we going to be involved in the work? Are we going to enjoy the ride? Or are we going to go on the adventure, but give up half way because we're not having fun,and it's too hard?
It is hard, I'm not going to lie. But we can do all thing with the Lord on our side. I absolutely loved that they sang "How Firm a Foundation" This is one of my most favorite hymns ever! Especially the last verse. #mytestimonyinahymn I'll never, no never, no never forsake... at least I think those are the word.. if not.. that's what I receive out of them. ;) I love you! 

I know that the church is true! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. If you have read it and have come to know of it's truthfulness that's amazing! Now act on that faith! If you Have read it, but not yet have received your answer, one it'll come, two, are you doing all the steps necessary to ensure that you can receive your answer, three when you receive your answer thank God mightily for your answer.  He loves all of us. And He cares for us. Thank you for all that you do, to help me better serve our Heavenly Father. Your prayers, faith, and actions mean everything to me. I love you all!

Love Sister Tomkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment