Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Out of Gas in High Heals in Regina Canada!

I have now arrived in the wonderful land of Regina! Home of the temple! And I've already been able to attend my first evening! We did baptisms for the dead. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to have that bit of Heaven right here on earth! I love the temple so much it is so crazy! I love this area. It is a place I did not want to serve.. well swallowed that pride ha ha. I love the Lord He truly does know what is best for us!

So CRAZINESS! I am now over two wards here in Regina, we are in Sunrise, and Lewvan Ward. Both really good, and strong wards. They are small but really powerful. I am so grateful for my companion too! She is Sister Smith. She is from AF, really bubbly, and funny. We are doing miracles here in Regina! Just so many little things that work out! From time, to not running out of gasoline..ha ha, that's a funny story!

So this past Sunday night.. yesterday.. Let me give you a little back story I wore a thin green skirt to church with nylons, and a nude high heals.. I mean I'm Canadian tough now.. so when it's -15 C that's nothing man. I love it here! Anyway.. we had church, church meetings, and a dinner, appointment with a potential named B. But she lunched us. :( But we were determined to find a new investigator... when we make goals with the Lord He will not let us down!!!! 

We were then looking down at out gas gauge.. yeah it was a miracle we made it to the church let alone, dinner, and to Betty's so to get to our other potentials house.. we would not have made it.. so we decide to out tracting! It was about -28 C With the wind.. a little nippy not gonna lie. ha ha. Anyway We go knocking!  We get to Chris's house, he was really respectful, and gave us a referral.. we knock some other houses, but no such luck. :( So we hop into our car.. and since the gas was so low we couldn't turn it on ha ha.. I sat on my feet. ha ha. Anyway we called, and long story short. F, the referral... is a less active member and he has been 'hiding' for a while, but he is hilarious, and we're meeting up with him on Wednesday at Timmy Horton's which is a Canadian coffee and doughnut shop.. don't worry they have great hot chocolate too!  We went back to Chris's house where we then invited him to Wednesday's appointment, and invited Wade... Wade is a co-worker of Chris.. and they both work for F.! Talk about a small world. So we end up teaching a 7 minute lesson to C., give him a Book Of Mormon, and make him a new investigator! It was so crazy good!  May I remind you, I am in nude pumps, and so my AMAZING companion shuffled through the snow in front of me, so that I could make it door to door. Don't worry I will not be such a fool next time, and I will bring socks,and boots with me just in case this ever happens again! I mean usually I am super prepared, but I missed the bullet on that one.

Anyway the Lord is so good to us! I am so grateful for His help,and all of his love! I am so grateful for His son Jesus Christ that we can retain a remission of our sins. I love the gospel. I love you!

Thank you for all that you do for me, and all of your prayers, emails,and thoughts of encouragement. I love you,and I am so happy that my sister Cora had her baby Xander, he is pretty adorable. And that my Dad is getting married Aug 6th. I am very happy for him, and Carole. I love you all!

Love Sister Tomkinson !


1 comment: