Monday, July 13, 2015

Give Back to the Lord

This week was so good! It was hard at the same time ha ha. Our one investigator.R. is pregnant, and is now living with her boyfriend, and her divorce isn't final.. needless to say her baptismal date dropped, but we're still wanting to keep her motivated, and on the right path to repentance.. I mean these children of God don't really realize that they're breaking the commandments until we teach them! So we're really praying for her a lot. And she's been really sick, so it's been hard to met with her.. :( But she's super prepared, and she has a huge desire to follow Jesus Christ! 

We had a family from Moose Jaw move in our ward, and they had baptismal dates, but they slept in the past two Sundays, and haven't been able to make it to church. And they're not reading the scriptures.. so we had three baptismal dates dropped this week, and from our 5 progressing investigators, we now have 0 and we only had about 20 lessons this week. :( But we still had twenty lessons, we found 2 new investigators, miracles are a daily thing, and we still have great attitudes! We're really excited,and motivated for this week! 

Miracle though is that we were able to meet a couple while doing some street contacting! They have been married for 41 years, and she has breast, and bone cancer. We were able to testify about the plan of Happiness.I am so grateful for this plan, and that it's only possible because of our Savior Jesus Christ. He loves us so much! and He loves our Father in Heaven.

This morning in my studies, I was reading a talk by President Uchdorft; And a part of it really stuck out to me this morning.. In the Bible we read of Christ’s visit to the home of Simon the Pharisee.
Outwardly, Simon seemed to be a good and upright man. He regularly checked off his to-do list of religious obligations: he kept the law, paid his tithing, observed the Sabbath, prayed daily, and went to the synagogue.
But while Jesus was with Simon, a woman approached, washed the Savior’s feet with her tears, and anointed His feet with fine oil.
Simon was not pleased with this display of worship, for he knew that this woman was a sinner. Simon thought that if Jesus didn’t know this, He must not be a prophet or He would not have let the woman touch him.
Perceiving his thoughts, Jesus turned to Simon and asked a question. “There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: … one owed five hundred pence, … the other fifty.
“And when they [both] had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?”
Simon answered that it was the one who was forgiven the most.
Then Jesus taught a profound lesson: “Seest thou this woman? … Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.”24

I think that this a powerful statement; because I love immensely. I am not perfect, we all are not perfect. But as we come unto Christ. As we have faith,and repent we can truly begin to understand His plan for us, and we will see how wonderful the life He can give us can be! I love this gospel so much! BTW: "The Gift of Grace" April 2015

And I remember something my Bishop said; He said.. " I look for opportunities to give back to the Lord."  And that has stuck with me since I've heard to. I want to give all I can towards the Lord. 

I pray that you all had a great week. And I am so glad that I am able to serve this last couple weeks here in Regina. We had the beautiful time at the temple this week! I love the temple! It truly is Heaven on Earth! 

Thank you so much for all that you do for me, and all that you are willing to do for the Lord. I am so grateful for your prayers, and support. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. He lives, He loves us. And He is so kind.

Love, Sister Tomkinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment