Monday, July 20, 2015

Last Week!

Sticky! An adorable Gecko! 
I can't believe that this is my last email home! My heart is full of love, and gratitutude for these last 18 months of service! I can say that I have never been closer to our Savior Jesus Christ, and to his teachings.

I have learned so much, and I hope to continue to learn, and to grown that relationship with my Savior for the rest of my life! 

I will think of my mission for the rest of my life, and how grateful I am that I have these last few days to serve my heart out! I am so looking forward to the miracles that happen everyday as a missionary! And I am so grateful for the people, the culture, and the love that the people of Canada have had towards me, and others. I am eternal blessed from coming on my mission. 

A few years ago, I remember talking with some friends, and swearing off a mission, and saying. "The only time I am going to go on a mission is if the Lord straight up says; 'you are going on a mission.'".. and He did. haha. :) And I am so glad that He did so. I have learned, and grown so much. And I know that the Lord has given me, and those I love so many blessings, because I am here. 

I could not have done this alone, when I lost my mother I was carried by the love of family, friends, and Angels. I love them so much. Our Savior Jesus Christ makes it possible for us to live with our families again. This is something we all yearn for. An eternal family, not just one that is loan, but one that is lasting through the binds of the Priesthood. I am so glad to have this knowledge. 

Jesus Christ helps me know that everything will always work out, when going through a difficult time, it will work out. In the happiest moments on my mission I have felt our Savior's love for me, and I have had an increase amount of love towards others. 
A beautiful Regina sunset!

Being on my mission I have truly learned to serve my fellow men, by more than simply doing things for them. But by helping strengthen their relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ.

I love the Lord, I know that He loves us. and knows us individually. 
Joseph Smith is His prophet in these latter days, and that President Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. How blessed we are! Our families can last beyond the grave, and the weight of sorrow, grief,and sin can be uplifted through our Savior Jesus Christ. 

...

This week has been super duper exciting! 

Rebecca's boyfriend moved out!!! And she is close to divorcing her husband, so her excited and all of our prayers in helping her make, and keep baptismal covenants is getting closer! Prayer works, especially praying for miracles! 

We also have been able to contact a referral from the stake President, her name is T. and she is really kind, she has six children, and is really so, so kind. She also is looking forward to developing a stronger relationship with Christ. 

I would say something that Sister Alder and I have been learning recently is that even though we have trials the Lord will always bless us. And sometimes the longer we have to wait for those blessings, the more grateful, and humble we become. Because we realize how much we rely on the Lord, and how much He guides the work. 

Sunsets here are to die for!
Oh something funny, I almost got attacked by a bird. Sister Alder and I were coming out of a supper appt. when we hear a baby bird tweeting.. it actually scared us at first haha, but then the bird proceeded to run out into the middle of the road. So me thinking.. it's going to get squished by a car if he decides to hang out in the middle of the road. I go to save the day! I don't want to touch it, so I'm crouched down trying to herd this baby bird back onto the sidewalk.. and just when he is about to reach the sidewalk.. momma bird decides to step in! AHH! .. remember I am crouched down looking at the bird. .. and Sister Alder is on the sidewalk watching this happen. When we both hear this terrible bird cry! Ahh, I about died.. haha, so I had my scriptures in my hand. and I lift them up to protect my face, and I have pass along cards in there.. they scatter onto the road.. and I am in the car faster than you can say BINGO. Haha, I was sitting there, and Sister Alder was dying, because she was laughing so hard, on the sidewalk.. and momma bird is up there yelling at me, and is so upset. I was just trying to help her baby back onto the grass! And so Sister Alder being a champ picks up the cards, and comes into the car. Haha. It was so hilarious! So lesson learned, when helping baby robins back onto the grass make sure momma bird is out of sight! 


I want to again say thank you for all those who have supported me while I have been here on my mission. And I am so grateful for the Lord and all that He has done for me! I love you! 

Love Sister Tomkinson!

No comments:

Post a Comment