Monday, December 8, 2014

"As I continued reading, I felt the Spirit testify to me, that the work that my companion and I do is the Lord's work, and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the one and only fully restored gospel on the earth today."

Sister Larson, ward mission leader and I.

Selfie :)

Check out our recycling pile!

Egg Nog

Road Conditions











First off, I wanna give a shout out to my darling Sister Cora. It is her birthday today!!!! She's so beautiful, and wonderful. I wouldn't be the same person I am now without her. She has made me strong, and understanding. Helped me through so much, and is just amazing! I love her! :) 

Second have you checked out christmas.mormon.org yet???? It is amazing, and I urge you to do so! It will bless your life immensely! And possibly the lives of so many others! See how you can Discover, Embrace, and Share the Gift! BTW great ideas for FHE just sayin' #ShareTheGift



So this week family, and friends we had Christmas zone conference, and it was so much fun! I am just loving it here the good ol' CWM!!!!!

There definitely was a huge push on the developing your own testimony of Jesus Christ. And definitely something that I received from the conference was to serve more, and to love people more sincerely and deeply. For the last little while I have been just falling into a slump, slump dump. So what better way to get out? Well, dig yourself out with service, and love. And it has changed my attitude, and even my diet! It's amazing! I love this work so much! 

And this morning we were out shopping at SuperStore, a man said he had a friend who is a member of our congregation. We were like- neat! We shared a christmas.mormon.org card. It was great! As we continued talking he said 'Hey you should go look up Galatians 1.' So I did.... I was surprised by the first line of the chapter heading. "Preachers of false gospels are accursed" 
As I continued reading I was surprised by this man's boldness, and was a little stunned by the what seemed innocent, but it was persecution that had just happened. But what I think he wanted to have happen, actually had an opposite effect. As I continued reading I felt the Spirit testify to me, that the work that my companion and I do is the Lord's work, and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the one and only fully restored gospel on the earth today. Joseph Smith did translate the Book of Mormon, and that it is the word of God. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. And I want to learn of Him everyday. One way I try to do so is by being Christlike and by developing Christlike attributes... if you need help, and I believe we all do. Preach My Gospel has a great section on them found in chapter six.  "I feel [our] Savior's love, the Love He freely gives me."

I love you guys, and I hope that you will all have such a great week! love you all, and thank you for all of your love, and support it means the world to me. :) 

Love Sister Tomkinson

p.s. look at your December Ensign, and look at what the first Presidency is asking of it's members. Joshua 1:9

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment