Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas & Dad and Carole's Engagement

Hello Family and Friends, 

Wasn't this such a great Christmas! I really loved talking, and enjoying my time with each of you on SKYPE I wish  I had had more time, but alas. It is all good, and I will be approaching my year mark, then Mother's Day will be right around the corner! :D

I am loving my new area, and my new companion, and our stewardship! They are amazing Sisters! It is so crazy to be in Winnipeg, it is huge! It is so weird that there are so many missionaries around! I mean- I went from seeing Sister missionaries once, maybe twice a transfer to seeing them all the time, because we go to church in the same building. The work here in the  city of  Winnipeg is so different, but it is different everywhere. And I think with adjusting comes new stresses, but I have been blessed with a loving companion, and we get along great! 

It was so good to see you all, and to hear from you all. 

This past week I was able to receive a blessing from our Ward Mission Leader. He is a very good man, and I am humbled by the priesthood power. I know that God lives, and that He loves us all individually. We are His children, and he wants and knows what is the very best for us. 

This past Christmas time our mission president challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in a week. And to devote most of our time,and energy to do so.  It is amazing! I have seen, and felt my testimony grow in the last week. If you don't have, or want to increase your testimony, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon, ponder, and pray about it. Then ask God our Father it it is true. I promise you as you do so, you will have an increased desire to know more, and you will feel the Love of our Savior. In the beginning of the Book Of Mormon it talks about praying, and reading with real intent. To me that intent means to know of our Savior Jesus Christ. Why He is important, and why it is important that we share and come to know Him. It has helped me realize what He has done for me, and what He can, and is helping me with. I love the Lord, and our Savior Jesus Christ. He lives. 

I also gave a talk on Sunday. My first one on my mission. I studied and prayed this whole week. And it is crazy how the Lord will never abandon us, as long as we are obedient and are doing our best. I feel the spirit so strongly here. And I have come to realize how much I love sign language, I do. I light up, and It helps me to be who I am. My companion and I did a musical number after my talk We sang/signed the "Joseph's First Vision" #26 . It was beautiful. I sang soprano, and she did alto, I signed the song as well. It was lovely. The spirit was so strong. I can hardly remember what happened. I just know that music is a huge way that the Lord shows His love for His children, and we show our love to the Lord. 

Congratulations again Dad on your engagement to Carole Peck, I pray that we may all have soft hearts, and be able to help you and Carole transition into a life together. 

I know God has a plan for each of His children. And how desperately I want to follow His plan. Because He has proven me in days past; I will be happy, as long as I will follow His will, and obey His commands. I love This gospel, and the Atonement. I am so grateful that we can repent, and become closer, and closer to our Savior, and our Heavenly Father, and to the Holy Ghost. Make them a  part of your daily lives. 

Love you all, and thank you for all that you do for me, and for each other. I lam so blessed, I cannot thank you enough. 

Love Sister Tomkinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment