Monday, December 1, 2014

Miracle snow boots, just in time!

This week has been good, and it has been so cold! 

  *Miracle! So my debit card hasn't been working in Canada= can't spend money unless it is for the things as outlined in the W.H.B. Look at lds.org for details. Anyway so, a tricky member, who is now a ward missionary, Sister Sherlock, bought me boots! They were on sale too! :D Anyway the weather turned terrible on Tuesday! So huge blessing I had boots, just in time for it to get super cold, and snowy! And the entrance to the building is a little questionable, I have pictures. But I forgot my card reader. Hopefully sometime soon I will send pictures. 

Yesterday was -31* F with the wind chill... super cold! But super good too! :) I love Sunday!
They will only cancel church if it's -40* 

So many of you have probably seen Facebook, and all sorts of media plastered with "He is the Gift.christmas.mormon.org"  And with that have you all received your Ensigns?????????????
Within your Ensign there should be about 6-9 pass along cards with the picture of Mary, and Jesus, while He is a baby. It's beautiful. 

  Anyway those pass along cards are for you all to pass out! => hint PASS along cards! ;) 
As you share these cards, I invite you to bear strong testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and to develop your relationship with our Savior. That is a relationship that can weaken, if it's not growing. 

Also, I am curious, have you all been sharing spiritual experiences with those around you? Family members, friends, have you been writing them down in your journals? If you want these experiences, you have to let the Lord know that He can trust you to give you such experiences. Now I know that that's not exactly how it always works. Look at Lamen and Lemuel, the prophet Nephi's brothers. They saw Angels, and had many spiritual witnesses, but alas they still fell away from Christ. Which brings me back to if you're not growing, you're slopping downwards. It may be slow, or rapid. But I strongly encourage you to grow. 

In Preach My Gospel, it says.. "The Spirit is the most important single element in this work. With the Spirit magnifying your call, you can do miracles for the Lord in the mission field. (or in your own house, neighborhood, etc...) Without the Spirit, you will never succeed regardless of your talent and ability." -President Ezra Taft Benson.

I love this quote, because I definitely -at times, like to override the Spirit, and then I think.. 'What am I doing?!" Just always go by the Spirit, He will help us in ALL aspects of our lives! This is something that I am doing to improve this week! 

:) I love you, and oh, we're going on exchanges this week! I get to be companions with Sister Christensen for a day! It's going to be the best! 

Thank you for all of your love, kind words, and support. I cannot do this with out you. 

Love Sister Tomkinson

P.S. If you are wanting me to email you, please write me an email first. :) I do not have the magical ability to know everyone's email. If so that'd be the best! Love you all, and again thank you for all that you do!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment