Monday, March 23, 2015

Winnipeg trip to Regina Temple

YOU WERE RIGHT!  :) 

This week was soooo good! 

We had so much it was crazy!

On Monday there's a member in the Lewvan ward and they hold a "funeral service" at their house when a missionary is coming to the end of his or her mission. Elder McGreggor just went home this past week, because that's when the transfer ended. We had dinner, and we played a murder mystery game trying to decide through scripture how he 'died'. It was pretty good, it included scripture mastery, and scriptural knowledge. It was pretty neat!

Then we also met Kim's mom! Kim is doing so well by the way. She is really wonderful, and I am so happy that she's my friend. 

We also visited the K. family for a birthday party. They had fry bread, and a whole bunch of other food, we just came out of a meal appointment right before hand. So we were lucky because they let us out of not eating,  ha ha. It was really wonderful to meet all of them. A lot of them were baptized when they were little not knowing what they were involved with. So we are trying our best to reactivate them. They're so funny! We left before they went into a game of poker. ha ha. :) 

.. ha ha, we were at restaurant for district lunch.. when we being missionaries talk with everyone.. so this man was sitting near us, all by himself. He is about 6' 250 LBS shredded, but he's about 47 so he's a little soft. His arm which has a dragon tattoo probably the size of my thigh.. anyway we invited him to our Easter cantata, and to learn more about Christ. He said yes! Super exciting! So hopefully he'll come? He started texting two nights ago. He wants to take me to dinner, and other things.. so we are going to try and fix this situation.. I promise there was no flirtting to convert happening there! He's old, and it's irresponsible to do that. Pretty funny situation. My companion,and I are laughing it off. And don't worry I'll be safe :D

Great news! 

Went to the temple,and who was visiting?! My old ward from Winnipeg! I love them so much,  it was so good to see all of them! They were able to do baptisms, and Sister Smith's recent convert Sister G was there too, for her first/ second time. :) It was a miracle. The Lord is so good to us! 

I love you so much!

Thank you for all of your love,and support! 

Love Sister Tomkinson

p.s. all those who sent me letters for Christmas, my letters were lost I am sorry. :( I have been trying to find them, but no luck so far. In case you're wondering if you were going to get a letter. I don't have a forwarding address... and I am really lousy at letter writing. :) But I can't write you at all because I don't have your address. I love you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment