Monday, June 8, 2015

Faith + Priesthood Blessing= Miracle

 I can't believe how fast time is going by! 



We had Zone Conference in Saskatoon this week, so that was really, really neat! It was all about the Holy Ghost, and how He is the true teacher. And I know that He really is the teacher. I am so grateful for His guidance, and His care. I am really glad that He can bring the truth unto the hearts of those we teach out here in the field, and back home.
The drive was pretty neat! It's a 2.5 hour drive, and it's all pretty much flat, so it's an easy drive. :) There are a few hills, but when you're out on the prairies, you can see the sky for days! It seems like it goes on forever. 

I am so grateful that time is flying by. :)
Since it's been so much warmer out we have been able to meet with a lot more people, in their houses, out on the street. We are so blessed for good weather!
It's weird you try and look as far as you can, but at least for me. I become distracted by small things before I ever reach the edge of the sky. It's so beautiful! 
We were also able to stop by "Twisted Sister" An ice cream shop on the way back from Regina. We left at 6:00 in the morning, and arrived home at 8:00 at night. It was a great and long day.



MIRACLE!!! So last Monday I was feeling under the weather, but I was determined that I was going to make to it to zone conference! I didn't get much sleep, and when the morning came. I woke up a hour earlier than the alarm. But I prayed so hard, that I would be able to well enough to drive, and make it to zone conference. Because it's one thing if I can't go, but if my companion can't go,because I'm sick- oh no way, that's not happening! 
So I called my Mission President and received permission to get a blessing from one of the Elder's. So when we all went to the church to carpool from there. We step into the Relief Society room, and I received a blessing. the spirit was so STRONG! And I literally felt my body, I don't know how to describe it? shake, or be cleansed from the sickness that was in me. It was completely gone! The power of the Priesthood is real, the only way we have that power on the earth today is because of our Heavenly Father's love for us, His son's ultimate sacrifice, and the restoration of the gospel. I am so grateful for this power that not only helps heal us when we are in need. But it is the power by which our families can be together for all eternity!
I was then able to make it to Saskatoon, and I was given the energy to pay attention in Zone conference, and be able to  have the energy to drive back home. :) I am so amazed, and so blessed! I am so grateful for the healing power of the Priesthood. And I am so grateful that I get to help people strengthen their relationship with our Savior!!! So many miracles!! :)
I also have been having so much fun here! We see lots of funny things going down, it just is so much fun here in the ghetto. Ha ha :) 

I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for all of your prayers, and support. It would be mighty difficult to do this work with out you! I love you all so much! And I am humbled to have such amazing friends, and family in my life.
Love, Sister Tomkinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment