Monday, June 29, 2015

Expect Miracles

This week has been so crazy good! We were able to receive a referral last week from a LA member in the Sunrise ward for one of her friend's. Her name is R, she went over taught the first half of lesson one, returned the second day ( I was on exchanges with Sister A.) And we committed her to baptism, she agreed to be baptized on July 18! We are so excited, we can hardly contain ourselves! 

This week has been so full of miracles I wish I could just write them all down! 

On Wednesday with had lunch with a sister who hasn't been able to make it to church in a few years. She explained how she has been feeling left out, and excluded from the rest of the ward. She is from the Philippians and her English isn't too great. But I feel so much love for the dear sister. I will always remember Sister A. She is so kind, and so loving. She really wants to change.  My testimony grew so much over the concept of promising people blessings as they live the gospel. I felt so inspired to simply say, "As you come to church, your family will join you." Her family also hasn't attended on a while, she broke down in tears. The Spirit was so strong! 

Prayer is so real,I'm going to type that again... Prayer is so real.

We also are excited to be working with this family moving into the city from where??? Moose Jaw! The best place ever! Well, Regina is making it's way up the list quick! I love everywhere I have/am serving! They're a family where the dad is a member, wife and children are not. But they are progressing towards baptism,and we are so excited to start teaching them! 

The Spirit is truly the teacher, and reading, praying, coming to church, and keeping commitments are truly how people are going to receive their answer. You have to believe that you're going to get an answer. Similar if you're running a race, if you believe that you're going to finish you will! If you say, I'm never going to get to the finish line, good luck getting there, because you won't. You must have hope, and faith in our Savior that you will receive an answer. Answers come in so many ways, but just remember if it's good, It's of God.  

Our area: I am serving in both the Sunrise, and Lewvan ward. We have 3 baptismal dates, 2 for July 11 (A, and T, siblings) and then 1 for July 18 (R). The first two are turnovers from the Moose Jaw Elders. Then R, was actually a referral from one of our Less active members in Sunrise ward. She is originally from ---. We called her, set up an appt. And she knew right then and there that the Book Of Mormon is true! And she agreed to baptism. Last night we read some of the Book of Mormon with her, and she keeps talking about how much she feels the Spirit. She asked more in depth about what she needs to do to be baptized. We briefly went over the Word of Wisdom, and she accepted the doctrine right then, and there. She is so excited to live, and keep the commandments. We are so blessed, and are so excited to help her build on the relationship she already has with our Savior. She is so wonderful! She also has two daughters. They loved going to church yesterday it was the best!  

What I have learned this past week, is to EXPECT MIRACLES! Sister A, and I have been praying for specific blessings, and have been more sincere in our praying. I love the Lord, He truly is blessing the prepared. I hope to always be worthy of the Holy Ghost so that I may find them, and that they may find us, especially families. I love this gospel so much!

I also had exchanges with Sister A. They're in Saskatoon. They're wonderful you're going to love them! I set a goal to EXPECT MIRACLES! Because when we have faith that good things are going to happen, that's giving God more opp. to make blessings, and miracles happen! I love this work, and the gospel so much! 

 Sister A, she is doing wonderfully! We are right on track with the training book. Sister A. is a super star, she is going to do great things on her mission, and I am excited to see how the Lord is going to stretch and grow her. I love her so much! 


I love you all so much, and I am looking forward to see how this week goes! With the attitude of "expecting miracles" I am so grateful for all the support, and love I have from you.  Thank you so much. 

I love this work, I love the Lord. I am so grateful for families. They are blessing from our Heavenly Father. 

Love, 

Sister Tomkinson 

p.s. a quote I read in the Ensign from President Packer "Obedience is a powerful spiritual medicine."

No comments:

Post a Comment