Monday, January 5, 2015

Pray for the Larson Family

So super duper crazy I hit my year mark this week! #Sierrayou'regoingtobeagreatmissionary #itgoesbysofast 

So this past week was super good, we were able to finish the Book of Mormon and that was amazing, and a miracle in it's self. While we read the Book of Mormon together out loud as a companionship. We felt the spirit so strong! It was crazy though because we didn't go outside much... because it was sooo cold! ;) Our mission president advises us not to go outside once the wind chill reaches -40....but we just make sure we have set appointments :) Because we can still go to those! 

Anyway back to the Book of Mormon, my testimony grew a lot of the Atonement, and of the temple. I am so grateful our Savior, and that we're able to learn of Him daily, and apply His atonement into our lives. 

We have seen so many miracles it's crazy! 

We haven't died in the crazy road conditions, we had Mission Leadership Council, we had the Saskatoon S.T.L. stay with us. Jerry the Moose hasn't made a reappearance, and we haven't found anything in our traps.. #ohmanhopewedon'thavemice!, er were able to have so many good lessons with our Less Actives, and three came to church! And we have this one investigator who's still a potential who came, We just need to set up a return appointment. She has gone through a ton in her life. And she needs the comfort, and love that our Savior Jesus Christ offers us. She just doesn't know how to reach out and grab what's right in front of her. And I am so blessed to be in the front row seat of watching the children of God apply the Atonement into their lives! 
I have great winter gear! Thank you again family and friends! I have this amazing scarf that protects myself from the wind!  We have a plug for our car that works! #itgetssocoldwehavetoplugourcarbatteriesintoanelecricalsocettsotheydon'tfreeze! They have the outlets right in the paring lot! And cords that stick out of our hoods! well.. the car's hood. Not mine.                                Fahrenheit 
Today is only -33 wind chill which is about -27.4 in 
We also had M.L.C. this past week and that was super good, we discussed our mission vision, and our baptismal goal. I will let you know what that number is next week! It's going to be so good! I am so excited for our mission and that I have another 6 months to be here! I love it soooo much! Did I mention how great my companion is!? She is absolutely wonderful I love her so much! 
I love this ward too, and I am excited to serve here. This might be my last area,and that is crazy, ha ha!

Anyway I love the Lord, and I know that this work is true! Thank you so much for all of our love, and your support! It's crazy how fast time is going by. And How much the Lord loves us! 

P.S. If you can pray for the Larson family. They are a family I grew to be close to in Moose Jaw. Brother Larson has cancer. And They're having a rough time. :( What a blessing to know that the Plan of Salvation is real, that we are loved by our Heavenly Father. And that death is only a temporary thing. Because of our Savior He makes it all possible. I love you all! Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment