Monday, January 26, 2015

Love Within My Heart

This week has been great!

We were able to get two new investigators, and we are able to confirm our baptism for this Saturday! We are so excited for Liz, and her decisoion to be baptized! She passed her interview last week. And I have to admit neither my companion, and I have ever had so much time to prepare for a baptism! Ha ha, in Sister Davis' last area she met a guy, and he was baptized ten days later. I met this man on exchanges, and he is amazing! People are out there, who are prepared! We just need help through prayer, and diligence in finding them, and we need to pray that they will find us! 

I am really greateful for this past transfer! We are getting transfer calls this next week. and I am really hoping that our area will stay standing. We are going from thirty-two sisters to twenty-seven. So they may be closing down some sister areas. But we are hoping that ours will remain open, and when I say closing, I mean combing. But when that happens you usually loose a companion, I kind of love this companion of mine. We're pretty much best friends. We are changing Winnipeg for the better, through the Lord's help have never felt so motivated in my mission! Well I have, but been able to do so much. It is super good to have such a great strong relationship with the the Lord. When we all have the same desire the Lord puts us to work!  I am so grateful for that! 

This past week we were getting hot chocolate, I mean its Canada- it gets pretty cold. Some man asked us if we were nuns, ha ha. That's pretty much my most favorite question ever! :) He was really great, but he wasn't interested in learning about the truth quite yet, but hopefully someday. 

I was also studying in "Preach My Gospel" and "True to the Faith" this morning on Hope. I mean good gravy! That is some pretty good stuff. I loved that it word that Hope is to act, that's what really stuck out to me.So, I am acting! And I pray that I may stay worthy of the Lord's trust in me, and that I may have love within my heart, that will direct others to come unto Christ. 

Congratulations to My Dad and Carole for the announcement of their wedding which will be happening August 6th. I am happy the them.  I am proud of their decision to be married in the temple! 

We also had a less active say the opening prayer at sacrament! She is working really well on making herself a completely active member of the church! Another less active sister has been coming pretty regularly now for about three weeks! Her granddaughter is deaf! She is oral, but knows a little sign, We are going to start teaching her this next week! We are so happy! Jay is just amazing! We are helping her prepare hopefully for a baptism in April! The Lord is giving us so many tiny miracles, like safe driving, finding people, giving us the right words to say, and the right time! I am so grateful for Him, and the love He gives us. I mean, I gave a lesson yesterday about the "Creation" In Gospel Principals, and man, oh man. I needed His help so bad! People even participated- like a ton! So the Lord always holds true to His promises! 
Oh, and I am going to be working on laughing more sincerely, and more often! 

I love you all so much!

I love my family, and thank you all so much for all for your love, and support! I am really excited for this next week! I hope that we are going to have a great week! 
Love, Sister Tomkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment